I am sure Niagara Falls is in every one’s bucket list of traveling. Many might have cut that off and many might still waiting for the right to visit the beauty. For all those who have visited and those who are yet to experience the munificence, this article would enlighten you about some of the interesting facts about the magical falls.
- Niagara Falls is a collective name for the three falls which overlap Canada and New York international borders.
- If you visit from the Canadian Side, you are guaranteed to see a rainbow. Make sure you are carrying your camera and are there from noon to dusk so that the beauty can be captured.
- Rare sight, over the falls you actually see Fish traveling. If you don’t believe me, take the ticket of Cave of the Winds costing you just $10 and my point will be proved. You might even meet someone who was struck by a fish during this journey down the Niagara Falls.
- Also, around 90% of the fish that travel down the falls survive. There have been many theories proving this fact but one that I believe is that the white foam which is created from the rushing waters actually acts like a cushion for the fish that travel down.
- During the 1800’s it is believed that falls were almost frozen. What a sight! Only a small drop of water used to come down the falls as the water was so frozen during that times.
- Every second around 28 million lts of water come down of the Niagara Falls.
- Courageous and adventurous 63-year old woman was the first person to travel down the Niagara Falls in a barrel.
- Around 20% of the drinking water of the United States of America comes from Niagara Falls. Yes, you must be drinking water of the falls.
- Shocking! Niagara Falls is not the highest fall of the world. In reality there are around 500 waterfalls that are taller than this majestic falls but the combination of volume of water and height makes Niagara Falls as the most preferred tourist destination of the world.
- It is indeed the tallest moving waterfall of Earth!
- Due to Glaciers, Niagara Falls has into existence.
- Some of the highly acclaimed movie Pirates of Caribbean was shot at Niagara Falls.
Now that you’re armed with many interesting facts about Niagara Falls, it’s time to go enjoy the beautiful views. Book a room at one of the beautiful and luxurious Niagara Falls resorts and build memories that will last a lifetime.