- Who all swear by beef? Do you know around 21,000,000 dairy calves are brutally slaughtered annually for cheap beef round the world.
- Like it is with all the mammals, in order to make milk, cows need to give birth. They also carry their child for nine months like human mothers. To nourish their new born, they begin to lactate. But the irony is they are lactating or forced to lactate to produce the daily milk which we all drink.
- Dairy cow is producing 12 times more milk that they would produce to feed their young one. This is the result of heavy manipulation done of the dairy farms.
- Cows are artificially inseminated year after year to keep them lactating throughout. Thus due to these forced pregnancy, there is a surplus of calves. Forced insemination is sometimes by hands or by machines.
- As soon as the calf is born, it is separated from the mother, so that milk is not wasted on the calf. The mother cow sometimes cries and howls for the calf but no heed is paid. Female calves’ form the part of milk generating herd while male calves a slaughtered for beef, which we all relish.
- The veal industry would not have existed if dairy industry did not exist. The surplus calves are also slaughtered like male ones.
- 90% of the dairy cows are confined to the indoors and most of them are not able to conduct their day to day functions because of the condition they are left into.
- Cows are perpetually lactating throughout. They go through this atrocious cycle of forced impregnation, lactation and confined to their indoor space. This has reduced their life span to a significant number where as a cow in natural condition can live up to 20 to 25 years.
- From the 9 million dairy cows in the United States of America, 3 million are slaughtered every year at a age when they have not even the seen the world. Others worn out bodies after giving us milk throughout their life become out savory in the hamburgers and ground beef.
Please check it for yourself, the dairy farm and its conditions. Don’t blindly eat the dairy products. I am not saying to stop drinking milk and the dairy products all of a sudden. But watch the video below to know the reality in the dairy farms with your own eyes. It is terrifying and shocking!