You need to pay attention to the fact that your mouth, skin, face and nails can actually give a lot of information about the overall physical condition of your body. It is very interesting to note that your nail condition gives a clear indication about the illness. It is generally seen that nail growth is restricted during sickness. The toe nails take about one complete year to grow properly and the nails of the fingers take near about 6 months. It is a well established fact that nail biting is a symptom of some sort of mental illness on the other hand yellow nails indicate lung and liver diseases. It is very important for you to keep checking your nails as these can tell you a lot about your health.
Listed below are some of the interesting points that you need to consider to make sure that your nails are in good condition over the period of time. Nail paints and nail arts are the in thing but you should do all this in a limit and don’t go overboard with it. It is extremely important to take proper care of your nails.
1) Nails depict your body’s internal state: You skin, mouth and nails say a lot about disorders, illness and deficiencies of the body.
2) Fragile, flexible and splitted nails: This kind of condition is generally seen due to excessive application of pressure during the time of manicures or acrylic nails. It can also be a sign of ageing and deficiency of Vitamin A.
3) Visible white spots on your nails: It is a clear sign of protein or calcium deficiency.
Also, in some of the conditions it can be an indication of fungal diseases or allergic reaction.
4) Extremely yellow coloured nails: This usually takes place due to some kind of fungal infection, excessive smoking or using dark nail polishes frequently.
5) Dark coloured erect bands on your nails: It is seen that the pigmented nails depict benign moles existence. In case you feel that the bands are darkening or changing colours, then the best would be to consult the dermatologist.
6) Spoon shaped nails: Such kind of nails appear to be scooped and in most of the cases show Iron deficiency. Some of the other possible reasons can be thyroid organ that is inactive or heart infections.