The cell phone addiction is a growing concern in our time. iPhones, Androids, and other smartphones have become a vital part of the modern world and important tools at any given moment. Yeah, it is a highly entertaining and informative medium. But the problem is that many people develop an addiction to their cell phones, especially to such features like games or instant messaging. Our addiction to cell phones is considered to be as powerful as drug or alcohol addiction.
Despite the fact that cell phones give such a great opportunity as unlimited access to any information you need and the possibility to connect with others, there are many harmful and disturbing effects of phone dependence.
– While on Vacation, 44% of people admit to checking their work email.
– People check their phones, on average, 110 times a day.
– 56% of people check their phones before bed.
– 77% of parents have said that they have argued with their teens about cell phone usage.
– About 75% of people check their phones immediately after waking up.
– 61% of people sleep with their phone next to their bed or under their pillows.
– 40% of people check their phone while on the toilet
– About 12% of adults use their phone in the shower
– 20% of people, between the ages of 18-34, have admitted to using their phones during sex.
– 26% of car accidents are caused by phone usage.
– 50% of teens admit to being addicted to their phones.
– About 50% of people feel anxiety when their phone is left at home.